The Revere Health OB/GYN group is offering a semi-annual $1,000 scholarship to one college/university student. The scholarship will be awarded to the student who submits the best overall essay addressing one of the following prompts:
1) Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
2) What do you consider to be the single most important societal problem? Why?
3) The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
4) Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
5) Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma-anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
All essays should also include an answer to the follow question as well:
a) State any special personal or family circumstances affecting your need for financial assistance.
• Essay must be a minimum of 800 words, and a maximum of 1,000.
• All essays should fit on two pages, essays that exceed two pages will not be considered.
• Entry deadline is May 30, 2017. A winner will be announced in July of 2017.
• Essays must be emailed to OBGYNscholarship@reverehealth.com.
• All essays must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format (any other formats will not be considered).
• The applicant’s full name, address, phone number, email, school they will be attending, and field of study must appear at the top of each page of the essay.
• The essay prompt picked by the applicant must be at the top of the first page of the essay.
• Only students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher will be considered. You must provide official documentation that you meet this requirement, along with documentation of your acceptance to a college/university.
• All essays must be submitted via email. Any mailed in essays will not be considered. Please do not call to ask questions about the essay. Any questions regarding the scholarship should be sent to the email listed.Apply Today!
Must be a US citizen and a resident of Utah. Must be a full-time student attending (or planning to attend on a full-time basis) an accredited institution of higher education in the fall of 2017. We will not give scholarships to people attending “for-profit’ schools, such as the University of Phoenix. Trade school students are eligible to apply. The Revere Health OB/GYN Group Scholarship is to be used exclusively for school tuition and related expenses. Open to any students of any degree seeking category. Current GPA of 3.0 of higher (must show proof). The awarded recipient shall provide proof of admission and enrollment in an institution of higher education. Revere Health current employees and family members of current employees are not eligible to apply. Family members are spouses, children, and grandchildren. Failure to include all required materials will result in immediate rejection of the application.
Completed applications must be submitted no later than May 30, 2017. Applications should be emailed to OBGYNscholarship@reverehealth.com, with the subject line of “Entry for the Revere Health OB/GYN Scholarship.”
The Revere Health OB/GYN Group Scholarship recipient will be notified of the selection in July of 2017. Please do not call in or send follow-up emails asking about the status of your entry. Winners will be notified via the contact information they provided in their email.
The Spring 2016 Winner was Jaron King who lives in Pleasant Grove and is attending school at Brigham Young University. Our scholarship helped him get to his goal of doing a study abroad in Europe. His goal one day is to attend medical school and work with the CDC in Atlanta, GA.
The Winter 2016 winner is Mikayla Bisignani from Latrobe, PA who will be attending Johns Hopkins University to get her education in Biomedical Engineering.
If you have any questions or would like to contribute additional materials, please email OBGYNscholarship@reverehealth.com.